MANAGING DIRECTORs – TECHNOLOGY (ACQUISITIONS & INVESTMENTS)
Miami, Florida. Managing Director – Technology (Acquisitions & Investments). Responsible for all aspects of investigating, acquiring and shepherding New Technology acquisitions for Clarke Capital. This includes policy formation and application in terms of our acquisition assessment and methodologies; working with our strategic and legal teams to ensure that the acquisition/purchase process runs as seamlessly as possible; and creating positive net gains for Clarke Capital. The Managing Director - Technology (Acquisitions & Investments) will manage our positions in technology portfolio companies where we have minority positions, as well as companies in which we have larger ownership stakes. The individual in this role will head up our Miami office, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Clarke Capital and the Advisory Board. The position will oversee 2-5 employees.
The Managing Director - Technology (Acquisitions & Investments) will in particular be responsible for the following duties:
(1) Building relationships with key people within tech industries to ensure good transfer of knowledge and to ensure that third parties understand Clarke Capital, and know how our values and systems determine the entities in which we will invest;
(2) Developing long-term relationships with each acquired tech entity and influencing their decisions and development through communication and advisements to an entity's Board of Directors and executive team;
(3) Consulting with and advising the finance and management teams of each acquired entity in the creation of business plans, targets, maintenance of a business pipeline and projections, and depending on the particular acquisition, overseeing the company's billing and cost structure;
(4) Providing leadership and management for the Miami office of Clarke Capital in terms of its Technology & Acquisitions team, and providing leadership & direction for all people within the Technology & Acquisitions and Investment teams;
(5) Helping Clarke Capital in setting a strategic vision for business acquisition, with a focus on technology-based focus in New York, East Coast USA, Canada, Florida, UK, Europe, and Central and South America;
(6) Building and maintaining relationships with current and future shareholders;
7) Consulting with Clarke Capital holding companies in a management setting to advise on creating development plans for the long-term future growth of companies, in particular, the Technology & Acquisitions division;
(8) Advising and creating alongside the Boards of Directors, executives, and managers at Clarke Capital-acquired companies on formulation and application of vision/innovation/design and strategic implementation plans for long-term growth of investment companies, in particular, the technology and business development;
(9) Guiding the press and public and their perception/understanding of the latest technological advancements, through regular appearances as a tech acquisitions expert on television news programs and online and written media, as well as speaking at seminars and conferences;
(10) Overseeing the acquisition and due diligence processes to ensure all laws are followed, regarding employment law, corporate law, and securities law;
(11) Reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors, as well as to the other Managing Directors at Clarke Capital, on the progress against the strategic and annual business plans on a regular basis;
(12) Reporting on the annual plan monthly and reporting against the strategic plan two to three times a year, or as needed;
(13) Developing long-term relationships with technology leaders in US, Europe, and South America, influencing their decisions and development, and building on existing relationships and knowledge of the field;
(14) Attending and consulting at appropriate key meetings and events and conferences; and
(15) Keeping abreast and developing the team's understanding and awareness of the latest techniques and trends in technology design, trends, and research.
Travel to company headquarters in Provo, Utah is required on a semi-annual basis; 45% domestic and international travel.
Please note telecommuting is an option, but individual must be in the greater Miami, Florida area.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL SKILLS
The successful candidate must have served for five progressively more responsible years as a Chief Executive Officer or similar senior level leadership position in technology, marketing, and business administration fields.
Candidate must also have:
(1) Demonstrated ability projecting and exceeding budgets on P&L numbers in a profitable company(s) gained through at least five years of work experience;
(2) Certification in a management program or MBA from an accredited University;
(3) Demonstrated understanding of all of the steps involved with founding, growing, and taking a business through acquisition gained through at least three deals in technology industry;
(4) Demonstrated overall understanding of operations of hardware and software businesses gained through at least three years of work experience in an executive or higher position;
(5) Demonstrated ability in e-commerce management gained through three years of work experience;
(6) Demonstrated ability to communicate with broad audience via overseeing email marketing campaign to subscription list of at least 100K members gained through at least three years of experience;
(7) Demonstrated ability negotiating profitable acquisition and sale of equity assets gained through experience of at least three major transactions as a manager of a company;
(8) Demonstrated ability to assist with deals gained through brokering at least one equity asset deal between two parties;
(9) Demonstrated understanding of operations of foreign companies gained through at least three years of work experience in an executive level role in a foreign company;
(10) Demonstrated ability to serve as spokesperson in promoting image and value of a company gained through at least four features (e.g., television, magazine, newspapers, etc.); and
(11) Demonstrated knowledge of business environment and market conditions in Europe, North America, and Latin America by business presentations in at least one country in each of these regions.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
Applicants can send resume to Clarke Capital Partners LLC, 5152 Edgewood Drive, Suite 375, Provo, Utah 84604 (ATTN: Nora Anderson)